Supervisor of Quality Control
Department: Quality Control
The Supervisor of Quality Control (QC) is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities related to the QC testing of Leukocyte Interleukin, Injection (LI) under current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) for clinical application, and QC equipment/facilities operations and maintenance. Experience with assay development, analytical methods validation (AMV) and plus. Required to travel locally to other CEL-SCI facilities.
The Supervisor of Quality Control works closely with and reports to the Director of Quality Control.
A 4-year college degree (or higher education) in a relevant field Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, or other related discipline.
At least five (5) years of experience with at least 3 years in a supervisory position of a QC laboratory in the Biotechnology, Biopharmaceutical or Pharmaceutical industry working with GMP. Specific experience should include but not be limited to: ELISA testing, Protein assays, gel-electrophoresis, particulate visual inspection, raw materials testing, and general laboratory supervision and maintenance (inventory control, equipment qualification, personnel training). Knowledge and practical experience with HPLC, Endotoxin (LAL), Microbial testing and Analytical Methods Validation (AMV) a plus.
The Supervisor of QC must be a hands-on supervisor and be able to perform the following:
- Supervise technicians
- Perform ELISA assays
- Protein assays
- Perform gel electrophoresis
- Adhere to written procedures
- Work with bleach and other sanitizing agents
- Accurately pipet small volumes with a pipet aid
- Write scientific documents in a clear, logical manner
- Handle multiple and varied tasks
- File and maintain data records
- Operate and maintain various laboratory equipment
Duties also include:
- Oversee and participate in QC testing under GMP/ICH guidelines
- Participate in Raw Materials (RM) testing and release
- Participate in QC R&D and analytical methods validation (AMV) projects
- Participate in the stability testing program
- Manage/Supervise Inventory control
- Routine maintenance of the QC lab
- Routine maintenance of QC equipment
- Participate in Routine maintenance of CEL-SCI testing and R&D facility
- Training of junior staff and new personnel
- Other duties as assigned
Position is full time. Weekend, holiday, and evening work to be assigned on a rotating basis, as needed.
Limited local travel to other Company facilities may be required.
We offer competitive salaries, outstanding comprehensive benefits, and Employee Stock Options.
Please submit cv/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference the job title in the subject line of the email
CEL-SCI Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. CEL-SCI will recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job titles the most qualified individuals, without regard to race, color, creed, protected veteran status or disability, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.