Position: Human Resource (HR) Manager
The Human Resource Manager will lead the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff and ensuring that company policies and practices are being followed.
The HR Manager will work closely with the Director of Operations and report to the Senior Vice President of Operations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Experience in hiring and managing shifts
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Human Resources Information System (HRIS) software (i.e., ADP)
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which includes recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings, work with outside recruiters
- Ensure new hire paperwork is completed and processed
- Assist in employee orientation, development, and recordkeeping
- Assist with compensation and benefits administration and recordkeeping
- Preparing and/or updating employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating
- Assist in ensuring that HR policies, procedures and corporate culture are related clearly to new and existing employees
- Assists in the administration of company benefit plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees
- Assist with employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position is full time. Ability to work flexible schedule if required.
Will require travel to our Baltimore and Elkridge, Maryland locations as well as being present at the Vienna, VA headquarters as needed.
We offer competitive salaries, outstanding comprehensive benefits, and Employee Stock Options.
Please submit cv/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference the job title in the subject line of the email
CEL-SCI Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. CEL-SCI will recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job titles the most qualified individuals, without regard to race, color, creed, protected veteran status or disability, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.