The Facilities Engineer works under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Facilities. The candidate will participate in the management of a safe and efficient working environment essential to the performance of the facilities. The candidate should have the ability to adapt in a constantly evolving environment and be self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility. Must be on call 24/7 to respond to facilities matters, security and Building/Equipment Monitoring Systems alarms on a rotating basis.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Engineering such as Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical or Biomedical with two (2) years of experience in engineering and maintenance in an FDA cGMP regulated manufacturing facility
• Associate’s Degree preferably in Engineering such as Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical or Biomedical with four (4) years of experience in engineering and maintenance in an FDA cGMP regulated research or manufacturing facility
• High School Diploma with at least one year of education or training in a college, university or trade school plus six (6) years of relevant engineering work experience in a bio-pharma research, manufacturing facility operating under cGMP environment or related industry.
- Experience in facilities maintenance with at least 2+ years’ in an FDA cGMP regulated facility preferably in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or biopharmaceutical industry
• Support Engineering projects and provide support to other departments as required.
• Responsible for authoring/revision of Facility Department SOPs.
• Assure outside contract services are properly supervised and tasks are completed in accordance with contract/work orders.
• Participate in ensure all work is properly documented according to policies, procedures and Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
• Proactively seek ways to increase equipment reliability and operational efficiency.
• Participate in the oversite of contracted maintenance service providers and contractors while they are on-site performing project work, maintenance, and/or repairs and projects on buildings, systems and equipment.
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Perform a variety of maintenance/minor repair activities on the interior areas of the Facilities.
- Ensures that safe working conditions are maintained in accordance with the Safety Program and directions from the Safety Officer.
- Participates in ensuring the performance, condition and reliability of all plumbing, mechanical and electrical equipment including emergency equipment, and periodic testing of the same, to assure they operate efficiently and consistently.
- Report any deviations from Building/Equipment Monitoring Systems to the Associate Director of Facilities.
- Participate in an annual assessment of facilities to identify any needed repairs and improvements.
- Supports Validation on the Facility and Facilities Equipment.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs, climb a ladder and perform various minor maintenance as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this position and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time which reflects management’s determination for assignment of essential functions.
- Demonstrated ability to write facilities related SOPs in an FDA cGMP regulated facility.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and coordinate workload by priority.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly with respect to identifying and implementing technical solutions to process, utility and facility equipment / systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Word and Excel.
- Other computer skills and knowledge of various Facility and Facility equipment monitoring systems a plus.
- Must comply with all applicable policies, rules and regulations of CEL-SCI and the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. This includes FDA regulations such as cGMP, GDP, EH&S regulations and Company regulations such as the employee handbook and safety manual.
Position is full time, on site. Monday through Friday – 8am-4:30pm with 30-minute lunch or 8am-5pm with 1hr lunch (hours may vary on occasion). After hours response to emergency required. Ability to work flexible schedule if required.
Baltimore and Elkridge, MD.
Requires travel between CEL-SCI’s Baltimore and Elkridge Maryland locations.
We offer competitive salaries, outstanding comprehensive benefits, and Employee Stock Options.
Please submit cv/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference the job title in the subject line of the email: email@example.com
CEL-SCI Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. CEL-SCI will recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job titles the most qualified individuals, without regard to race, color, creed, protected veteran status or disability, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.