Position: Bioassay Development Specialist
Department: Quality Control
The Bioassay Development Specialist is responsible for overseeing and participating in the development of new and ongoing bioassays related to the determination of the biological activity of a complex biological product Leukocyte Interleukin, Injection (LI) under current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP). Included in the position responsibilities are bioassay development, analytical methods validation (AMV) and QC equipment/facilities operations and maintenance and testing, in support of bioassay performance within the Bioassay and quality control testing groups. Other tasks as may be assigned.
The Bioassay Development Specialist works closely with the QC Manager (overseeing Bioassays/QC), the QC Director and R&D Director. The Bioassay Development Specialist reports to the QC Manager.
Education and Experience:
- A 4-year college degree (or higher education) in a relevant field such as Biochemistry, Biology (immunology), Cell Biology, or other related discipline. Master’s Degree in a relevant field preferred.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in laboratory work, with at least 5 years hands-on bioassay development – preferably cellular Bioassay development experience in the Biopharmaceutical or Pharmaceutical industry. Specific experience should include: Bioassay, Assay Development, and Cell Culture Maintenance.
The Bioassay Development Specialist is a hands-on technical position. The candidate must be able to perform (at minimum) and proficient in the following:
- Research and develop (cellular) bioassays
- Perform (cellular) bioassays
- Cell culture maintenance
- Adhere to written procedures
- Analyze, interpret and tabulate data
- Write scientific documents in a clear, logical manner
- Handle multiple and varied tasks
- File and maintain data records
- Operate and maintain various laboratory equipment
- Be familiar with and adhere to GMPs
Position is full time. Weekend, holiday, and evening work to be assigned on a rotating basis, as needed. Limited local travel to other Company facilities may be required.
We offer competitive salaries, outstanding comprehensive benefits, and Employee Stock Options.
Please submit cv/resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Reference the job title in the subject line of the email
CEL-SCI Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. CEL-SCI will recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job titles the most qualified individuals, without regard to race, color, creed, protected veteran status or disability, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.